Tierra del Fuego National Park
Activities in Lapataia, Laguna Negra, Pampa Alta, Cerro Guanaco
Pampa Alta trail: Panoramic view of the Beagle Channel and Pipo Rivers Calleys. The trail starts at Ensenada Bay, camping site, by the pilot Stream (long option) or from rut nº3 (short option) and goes down by the trail witch connects with the Pipo Rivers road.
Difficulty: Medium, it takes 2 hs.
Costera trail: Walking alone the marine shore, this trail goes through Guindo and Canelo forests. The footpath starts at the Zaratiegui Cove or at the crossing of Roca lake in nº3 national road.
Difficulty: Medium, it takes 3 hs.
Hito XXIV trail: this path goes along the north east coast of the Roca Lake the border between Argentina and Chile. The trail starts from Roca lake parking area.
Difficulty: Medium/ duration 3 hs.
Cerro Guanaco trail: from the top of the mountain, 970 meters above the see level, there is a wonderful view of the fueguian Range and it peat-bogs. The trail starts at the same place as Hito XXIV, but goes upwards to the right after crossing the Guanaco Stream.
Difficulty: Hard/ duration 6 hs.
Foot path in Lapataia area: difficult: soft/duration 2 hs.
- 1- Island walk: This trail crosses the cormoranes Archipielago, it goes alog of Lapataia and Ovando Rivers. Good opportunity for watching birds.
- 2- Laguna Negra (black lagoon): Visit a formation peat-bog.
- 3- Lapataia Panoramic view point: This trail connects with Del Turbal (peat bog) trail and it gives an escellent opportunity for reaching Lapataia Bay crossing a Lenga Forest.
- 4- Del Turbal: Alternative trail to reach Lapataia Bay: You can see uninhabited Beaver colony. This path connects with La Castorera (beaver’s colony) trail.
- 5- Castorera (Beaver Colony) trail: Visit and active beaver colony, from numer 3 national road, turn down and see the dams builty by exotic species
- 6- De la baliza: (Beacon trail), this trail goes to a beacon at the border of the restricted area, crossing an active Beaver colony.
National Park full day
Enjoy the National Park of Tuerra del Fuego plenty, walking by footpaths that border the beagle Channel and rowing in canoes until the end of the world. With Ushuaia Outdoors you are going it be able to discover the best thing of each place.
We propose a different excursion to you with long walks by the fueguino forest where your going to find red foxes, rabbits, eagles ducks steam and woodpeckers.
The surrounding is unique. We took you to know turbales and castoreras and to row in to the rivers until reaching our most austral point: Lapataia Bay.
Description: we leave from the city of Ushuaia and we go to the National Park of Tierra del Fuego. We began the excursion walking by a footpath that crosses 6km bordering the Beagle Channel. Then we took you to our camping where we wait you with the lunch, we rest with the best views of the Green Lagoon and prepared ourselves to go down the river rowing until Lapataia Bay. Once we arrived to Lapataia, we disembarked and we began an easy walk visiting castoreras and turbales. From here we return to Ushuaia.
The route can be altered due to climatic conditions.